Sossity offers a variety of workshops, and can customize one for your group or event. She is also available for individual consultation on a limited basis, please get in touch if you are interested in more information.
The following are the current roster of workshops, but if you have a need that isn’t addressed, they can develop something that will meet it.
- Open the Door - Writers block? New to writing? Uneasy relationship with your art or voice? This workshop is for you.
- What’s In a Word - Being a responsible writer in a careless world.
- Courting the Muse - Creating and maintaining a writing practice
- From the Page to the Stage- Voicing your work and stepping into your power in front of an audience.
- Locally Grown - Creating, producing and promoting a grassroots event
- Vocabulary of Survival - Expanding your personal vocabulary of survival, and finding ways to describe feelings and experiences.
- Body Language - Connecting your writing with this bundle of atoms, neurons and nerve endings we walk around in*
- Sex and the Deviant Body - Voicing the experience of fat, disabled, queer, people of color, trans, aging, and/or working-class bodies.*
- Read Me A Dirty Story - Crafting short dirty stories, and delivering them with style.
*can be taught as a series, or an individual workshop
Prices for workshops vary, and all workshops include scholarship and/or sliding scale options. Most workshops can be offered as an all ages format (with obvious exceptions). Accessibility and diversity are a priority in all cases.
"Sossity is as hard-hitting off the stage as she is on it. She challenges all her workshop participants to push and stretch, often through perfectly timed prompts that speak directly to each recipient … Each time I’ve left with a notebook full of ideas and several pieces that are such alive expressions of that welcoming, shared space." Read more testimonials.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.